Where is the developer tab in MS Word
2010? How to show developer tab? The developer tab is not displayed by default. Rather we should enable it manually. Normal end-users doesn’t know about Office programmability and extensibility, so they may have not used the MS Word developer tab yet. On the other hand, those who are working with programs, solving problems, and discovering things must use developer tab in MS Word 2010. In this article I will show you how to show developer tab in Microsoft Office 2010 ribbon.
Reason behind this Article
As I already said, I’m working as a Technical Support Engineer; we are using a ‘Barcode’ macro for printing barcodes. To run this macro we should enable developer tab on MS Word.
Purposes of Developer tab
- Write macros. Run macros that you previously recorded.
- Use XML commands. Use ActiveX controls.
- Create applications to use with Microsoft Office programs.
- Use form controls in Microsoft Excel.
- Work with the Shape Sheet in Microsoft Visio.
- Create new shapes and stencils in Microsoft Visio.
Show developer tab on MS Word 2010
Go to File>>Options you can see ‘Word Options‘ window.
Select ‘Customize Ribbon’ from the word options; look for ‘Developer’ on the right side of the window.
Is it unchecked? right?
Check it and click OK, that’s all you are done!
Now MS Word 2010 show developer tab in the ribbon.